Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin Carving


Claire has been after me for weeks to carve pumpkins. Not wanting to do it a month before Halloween, we finally picked out our pumpkins on Saturday (the 20th). We bought tools and transfer patterns this year which worked out wonderfully! (I highly recommend it-the tools make it so easy!) Anyway, she wanted this difficult-looking owl....So we bought two pumpkins, one for me to try out my new skills with an easy-rated bat, and another to carve the owl out of of if the bat went well.


As you can see, they actually look like what they were supposed to be! I have to say, I am very impressed with my new carving skills. I typically can't carve a toothless grin on a pumpkin, let alone a owl! Now you can see why I recommend the kit. It really makes it easy, but time-consuming. Claire was a trooper and helped empty out the pumpkins, but had to wear gloves because she didn't want to get goopy. (This coming from the girl who picks up bugs on a regular basis!) After an hour of watching, she got bored and went in to watch cartoons. We were able to light up the pumpkins that night and I'm still excited when I think about it -- you can tell what they are supposed to be! :-)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those really are GREAT carvings on the pumkins. I'm going to get one of those patterns!! Love, Gran

Unknown said...

You guys did a great job! I'm very impressed. Love ya, Yaya