Friday, October 5, 2007

Traveling


Here's a picture of our latest trip to Venice. Well, a Venice look-alike anyway. Recently our good friend from Michigan, David, came to visit us for a week. While he was here, we of course did all of the tourist-y stuff, like go see St. Mark's Square and see the gondolas at the Venetian. (In the picture.) Although I've never been to Venice, this is how I imagine it, but here it's air-conditioned and you don't have to worry about weather. To me, it's the next best thing.

While David was here, we also saw the water show and the beautiful garden exhibit at the Bellagio. The gardens change with the seasons and they are always amazing. We ate dinner at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville (Claire's choice-she loves the Caribbean atmosphere.) One night, we had the buffet dinner at the Flamingo. My grandpa keeps thinking they still have $3.99 buffets--not quite. Good food, but go VERY hungry so you can feel you get what you pay for.

We were also able to go up to Mt. Charleston (where it was a very chilly 43 degrees.) Lunch was very quickly eaten outside so we could hurry and get back into the Jeep to get warm again. We did go on a quick hike on one of the many trails, but half way realized we weren't on the trail. By the time we got back to the trail we were supposed to be on, we were had hiked enough and went back. Overall, we had a great time while David was here. It's always fun to show people around town. And, each time I get to know the city a little better.

I even have my own travel guide I've created with brochures, print-outs and maps I've collected. (You'll laugh when you see it...everyone does.) It's where my OCD comes out a little. (well, a lot) BUT, our company can look through it, decide what THEY would like to do and we can go from there. Because they have my guide book to look at, I don't have to be responsible for coming up with ideas on the fly. To me, it's much easier this way. When you see it, you'll want one too. :-)

No comments: